This week we are reading the short story Miles City, Montanna by a Canadian author, Alice Munro.
Before reading the story put the events in order.
- The woman thinks about her relatonship with her husband Andrew
- A girl feels angry at the funeral
- Meg almost drowns
- The woman thinks about her and Andrew’s childhoods in Ontario
- A young boy drowns
- The woman shows the map to her children Meg and Cynthia
- They see a dead deer
- They continue driving
- The children go swimming
- A family begins a roadtrip from Vancouver to Toronto
- The woman imagines what would have happened if she had died
Now read the story. As you read, check to see if you were correct.