For the next few weeks we will be talking about houses – where we live, where we want to live, moving…
This week we will talk about our houses and neighborhoods (quartiers).
Watch the video (0:51 – 2:37).
As you watch the video answer these questions:
- How would you describe Sarah’s neighborhood?
- How does Sarah react to Anne’s compliment about her house?
- What is Sarah’s house like?
- Who does Anne meet and who has she already met?
Think about it:
- What is your neighborhood like?
- What is your house/apartment like?
After, read the transcript.
Now do the grammar exercises on possessive pronouns.
We’re going to watch a video about a toy show.
As you watch the video try to answer these questions:
- What is special about the toy show?
- What feature are collectors looking for?
- Why has the woman stopped collecting toy ponies?
- Why is collecting toys addictive?
Pay special attention to the expressions that the speakers use:
- By far
- In mint condition
- Move on
- Not fussed
- The thrill of the hunt
Check your answers with the transcript.
Toy Story_English Bites
Look at the image. What is the relationship between the boy and the girl? Imagine a short story.
This film is called Mixtape. Imagine that you are making a mixtape (like a playlist!) for someone. What songs would you put on it?