This week we are watching a TED talk by Barton Seaver. On the TED website you can find a subtitle option and a transcript of the talk.
Watch the talk.
Answer the questions.
- What is restorative seafood?
- Why do we have a protein problem?
- How did Seaver change the menu at this restaurant?
- What are the consequences?
- What does Seaver recommend we do when we plan meals?
This week we are watching another TED talk.
Listen to the talk.
Answer the questions:
- How did Ebbw Vale benefit from the EU?
- Why do Ebb Vale citizens claim to have voted to leave the EU?
- Where did they get their information?
- What is unique about Facebook news feeds?
- What is an example of misinformation that was published on facebook?
- What is the connection between Trump and Brexit?
- What was Cambridge Analytica’s election strategy?
- Who is Carole’s audience?
This week we are reading a short story by Roald Dahl, The Land Lady. Read the story and answer the questions:
- Why is Billy Weaver in Bath?
- What kind of a teenager is Billy?
- Use adjectives to describe the landlady.
- What is unusual about the bed and breakfast?
- Why does Billy recognize the names in the guest book?
- What is unusual about the animals?
- Imagine an end to the story.