First, read the simplified version of the text.
Embedded Reading Chapter 1.1
Now answer the questions:
- Describe Mma Ramotswe’s relationship with her father.
- What do you think he wanted to say to Mma Ramotswe before he died?
- What adjectives would you use to describe her agency: small, active, cozy, serious, busy, quiet, comfortable, ugly, fun.
Now read the original version of the text (pp. 1-4).
This week we’re watching a TED Talk about mental health. It is by the violinist Robert Gupta.
Check it out:
Here is the transcript: Robert_Gupta
- What do you find most interesting about Robert and Nathaniel’s story?
This week we’re going to be talking more about physical activity and health.
Now watch the video (0:00-5:00) and answer the questions:
- What is Wayne’s problem?
- What is the miracle treatment?
- What is special about the Lifestyle Clinic?
- What is Margaret’s problem?
- What is the treatment?
- What are the results?
- What is unique about this type of treatment?
Read Transcript Exercise is Medicine to check your answers.