Last week we read Chapters 1.
This week we’re going to be talking about Chapters 2 and 3.
- What is special about the boys at Camp Green Lake?
In Chapter 3 we learn more about our main character – Stanley Yelnats and his father (also called Stanley Yelnats).
- What adjectives would you use to describe Stanley Yelnates the kid? Why?
- What adjectives would you use to describe Stanley Yelnates the father? Why?
lazy creative fun lonely intelligent unlucky fat popular stubborn kind mean pathetic
Holes was made into a movie. This is an image of Stanley (the kid) from the movie:
- Does the movie version of Stanley correspond with the description in the book?
This week we finished reading the graphic novel. Next week we’re going to be going a bit deeper.
We’re going to talk about the message behind the story.
- What do you think the message is?
Now read the article.
There are three versions of the same article. All versions have the same information but the language in the first version is more simple. The third version is the original. The second is in the middle. Start with the first version. After reading it, if you want to read something more challenging, read the second version. If you are able to read the second version try the original!
- Where did Tan’s inspiration come from?
- What is his message?
If you want to learn more about Shuan Tan check out his exciting website: