Read from chapter 211 to 229. Answer the questions:
- What would you have done if you had seen Christopher on the train?
- Do you remember the first time you took the subway (tube)?
- What are Christopher’s interactions with the people he meets?
- How do you think Christopher’s mother feels when she sees Christopher. What about Mr. Shears?
- Do you have a favourite dream?
This week we’re going to be watching another TED talk. This talk feature A.J. Jacobs, an American writer.
Jacobs adopts radical lifestyles and then writes about his experiences. After spending a year reading the entire Encyclopedia Brittanica he wrote the book Know it All. His second book is called The Year of Living Biblically, it is about his year spent following all the rules in the bible for a year. The talk that we’re going to be watching is called Drop Dead Healthy.
The video is 8 minutes long so try to concentrate, the last 6 minutes are most important.
Here is the transcript of the video: AJ Jacobs
As you watch the video try to answer these questions:
- What was Jacob’s project?
- What sorts of changes did he make in his life?
- What were the positive results?
- What were the negative results?
- What are two important things that he learned?