Marie-Christine found a great document Is a Door Just a Door? by Six-Minute English (BBC). Check it out:
On the website you should find an audio document, a vocabulary list and a transcript.
What do you think the « rich door, poor door » system?
Does the « rich door, poor door » system exist in France?
Can you think of any French forms of social segregation related to housing?
For the next few weeks we’re going to talk about the places we live – houses, neighbourhoods and cities.
This week we’re going to watch listen to Our House by Madness (yes, I have a soft spot for 80’s pop).
Read the lyrics. Madness – Our House Lyrics
- What do you think their house is like?
- Now, think of how you would describe your house.
For the next few weeks we will be talking about houses – where we live, where we want to live, moving…
This week we will talk about our houses and neighborhoods (quartiers).
Watch the video (0:51 – 2:37).
As you watch the video answer these questions:
- How would you describe Sarah’s neighborhood?
- How does Sarah react to Anne’s compliment about her house?
- What is Sarah’s house like?
- Who does Anne meet and who has she already met?
Think about it:
- What is your neighborhood like?
- What is your house/apartment like?
After, read the transcript.
Now do the grammar exercises on possessive pronouns.