This week we’re going to be using our imaginations. We’re going to be watching a short film about an imaginary technology called Sight. As you watch the film try to answer these questions:
1. What is Sight and how does it work?
2. What can the characters do with Sight?
3. What can you do with other technologies that enhance reality (i.e. Google Glass)?
4. How are Sight and Google different?
Here are some exercise about can and could.
This week we will be talking about the future of technology.
What is the message in this comic?
Read the article:
Stephen Hawking warns artificial intelligence could end mankind
- How does Hawing use artificial intelligence (AI)?
- Why does he think true AI might be dangerous?
- Does Carpenter agree with him?
Here are some optional exercises about might:
This week we’re going to talk about gadgets and technologies.
Watch the British Council video and do the tasks.
To check your understanding, click on the transcript.